Terms & Conditions
HEALTH & SAFETY
At HUs – Boutique Venue & Accommodation the health, safety and welfare of all Employees, Guests and Visitors is of equal importance to all other operational considerations. The employer, supervisors and employees work together to create a safe working environment and ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA) and subsequent Regulations.
We are responsible for
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment, including equipment, materials and systems of work;
- Providing the resources to implement and support safe work practices;
- Providing ways for workers to be informed about and involved in health and safety issues;
- Ensuring all safe work procedures are kept up-to-date.
Our management Team are responsible for
- Managing day-to-day health and safety issues;
- Ensuring new workers receive information, training and appropriate supervision;
- Ensuring workers receive training before starting new tasks or using new equipment;
- Ensuring safe work procedures are followed;
- Investigating accidents and incidents, and maintain records relating to the health and safety of staff. This is to prevent re-occurrence.
Our employees are responsible for
- Following safety procedures and instructions and participate in safety training;
- Using equipment provided by the person in control of a business or undertaking to protect their health and safety;
- Reporting any workplace incidents or potential hazards to their supervisor;
- Actively participating in the resolution of occupational health and safety issues;
- Protecting their health and safety and that of others by not working while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs;
- Not interfering with, or removing any safety guards, safety devices or protective equipment provided by the person in control of a business or undertaking.
We expect Contractors and Visitors to
Comply with safety instructions while in our workplace and ensure that their actions or inactions do not place other people at risk.