GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For full terms and conditions applicable to your stay or event, please scroll down.
HUs is a place to retreat, relax and enjoy the natural surroundings. We want all our guests to have a comfortable and pleasant stay. We kindly ask for general courtesy and that you treat HUs like it is your own and respect our quiet neighbourhood.
Please follow these general terms and the conditions in the applicable contract:
- A signed contract, copy of photo ID, deposit and bond payment is required to secure your booking. All final amounts must be settled prior to your arrival.
- There are strictly no parties and events to be held if booking accommodation only. Please ask about our event packages if you wish to hold an event.
- An accommodation booking is for overnight stays for a maximum of 8 guests. No outside guests are permitted.
- Check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 10am.
- Maximum number of guests for any event is 85 people. Please clearly note your number of guests while you are making the booking. If you want to increase the number of guests, you must give notice to us in advance and get approval,
- Evening noise (social noise, music) must be at a minimum from 8.30pm.
- An on-site manager and security personnel will be included for events to monitor noise levels and assist with departing guests.
- Your bond includes a ‘noise bond.’ If complaints or call outs are made, your noise bond will not be returned.
- Compliance with the Noise Management policy is required before bookings are accepted.
- All events have a hard close of 10.00pm, Guests not staying in the accommodation must vacate the property before 11pm.
- If you change your intended use, purpose, range or scale of your booking without any notice to venue management in advance, it will be regarded as breach of contract. Management can take action accordingly without any notice if you/your:
- book accomodation for 8 people, but you invite outside guests for gathering/party;
- book the indoor event, but set up activities outdoors;
- event booking exceeds the actual number stated at the time of signing your contract;
- book accommodation but set up a function / wedding /celebration;
- book a day event, but use the venue overnight in the accommodation or erect tents outdoors;
- arrange other forms, which do not match your booking description.
- In order to maintain neighbourhood standards and protection of the property, the venue will charge penalties or remove clients from the property with immediate involvement of guards or police, depending on the level of severity.
- Every guest must abide by the house rules and follow instructions from the on-site manager or guards regarding the noise control, traffic noise.
- Responsibility lies with the Hirer to ensure guests drink responsibly. Drunk and disorderly behaviour will not be tolerated. The on-site manager or security guards can instruct catering to stop supplying alcohol to those guests in such cases.
- Rubbish and recycling overflow is to be removed from the accommodation to the rubbish and recycling bins provided outside. Any overflow of the outside bins must be removed from the property by the Hirer at check out.Smoking and drug use at the venue is strictly prohibited. Any damages or cost (including emergency call outs) will be the responsibility of the Hirer. Venue management can involve the police for severe drug behaviour concerns.
- No animals are permitted at the Venue other than guide dogs for the visually impaired, registered companion animals, unless previously agreed upon by the Principal.
- You will be charged for the repairs or full replacement cost of any damage and handling hours caused to property belonging to the Venue should it exceed the bond.
- Any fines resulting from failure to comply with conditions above will be passed on to the Hirer including any penalty for late payment of fines and extra administration time by the venue.
- If the booking was made via an external site, see their terms and conditions for cancellations.
- In the event that Hirer terminates the Contract the Principal will refund the Venue Hire Price as follows: Cancellation notice received
- With 6 months or more written notice prior to the original Event date = Full refund
- With 1-6 months written notice prior to the original Event date = 70% refund of amount paid
- Less than 1 month written notice prior to the original Event date = No refund permitted
- In the event of a COVID-19 related lockdown falling on the agreed event booking date the first option will always be to reschedule the event to the next best date agreed by the Principal and the Hirer.
View full terms and conditions here:
HUs is committed to providing a safe venue for all guests to enjoy. While we operate and follow requirements of the COVID-19 Protection Framework (Traffic Light system) we hope you’ll help us by doing your bit to stop the spread of COVID-19.
We’ve always taken the health and safety of our guests as our number one priority and encourage all visitors to HU’s to follow the best practice expectations listed below.
As of 24 January 2022 all events will operate under the Red Light framework.
- We can hold your event for up to 100 attendees who are vaccinated and have a My Vaccine Pass (M.V.P). These will be scanned as your guests arrive. Children 12 and under do not require an MVP.
- Your total guest number includes children, but not staff (catering staff etc.)
- Guests are encouraged to wear face coverings, but they are not required.
- Face coverings are mandatory for all staff.
- As you will have exclusive use of HUs, food and beverage service can be provided as planned however we encourage you to remind guests not to share cutlery, drinks and food.
- Our defined space allows for the 1m distancing requirement, so dancing.
Without M.V.P’s your event is limited to 25 people only and can be a mix of people with and without M.V.P’s.
What best practices do we expect of our guests at HUs?
- Ensure you scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer App
- Follow good hygiene principles such as regularly washing your hands for at least 20 seconds, sneezing into your elbow, using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser when necessary.
- Avoid close contact with others. When physical distancing isn’t a requirement, you can still play it safe by continuing to keep a distance from people you do not know.
- Please stay home if you are unwell and call Healthline (for free) on 0800 358 5453 or your health care provider if you think you have symptoms of COVID-19.
HUs are committed to making our venue as compliant as possible and will be operating under the Alert Level system or Covid-19 Protection Framework (Traffic Light System) guidelines as set out by the NZ government. The requirement of vaccine certificates will be updated here when required.
HUs best practices include:
- Thorough and frequent cleaning of all surfaces, with an appropriate cleaning solution to reduce transmission of germs in general.
- Ensuring the QR code is visible ( at the left see-through the window of the south facing entry door) and available to all guests in a variety of locations within the venue.
- Providing appropriate hand washing facilities, soap in all bathroom facilities.
- Encouraging event hosts to include in their announcements to guests, reminders to scan in, wash hands and socially distance.
Postponement due to Covid-19 lockdown policy
Have peace of mind in knowing that In the unfortunate event of an alert level lockdown in Auckland at the time of your booking, your booking will be transferred to a suitable postponement date, or held as credit until you are able to choose a suitable postponement for your event.
If your original event date was directly affected by an alert level change, and a postponement date is not possible, you may request a full refund.
Contact us if you have any questions, [email protected]. We look forward to having you at HUs.